Touring Hybrid: it's all in the name. This is a high performance, comfortable, fun and versatile bike that's equally at home on a long ride at the weekend or zipping through town. Completely updated for 2018 with a frame design that's sleeker, stiffer and more stable than ever, it's also the perfect solution for taking the strain out of your daily commute. The high quality aluminium frame - combined with the smooth and powerful third generation Bosch drive, 9-speed Shimano transmission and strong, all-weather hydraulic disc brakes - means you'll feel safe and confident in any situation. The brand new Bosch drive system has to be experienced to be believed - lighter and quieter than ever, it also features incredible software to create a smooth ride that feels so natural you'll hardly believe there's a motor there at all. CUBE have even added all the accessories you'll need for urban riding, from lights and mudguards to a kickstand and luggage carrier. Your versatile, adaptable friend: that's the CUBE Touring Hybrid ONE.
When CUBE's engineers set out to re-design the Touring Hybrid ONE's frame from the ground up, they started by moving the powerful battery into a position that improves the bike's overall stability. So, for the easy entry frame, you'll find it in front of the seat tube. On the men's and trapeze versions, it's incorporated into the sleek downtube and protected from the elements by a custom-designed cover. The Bosch drive unit is protected by a CUBE bash plate. Hydroforming tube technology allowed them to create an exceptionally light, stiff and stable frame, and CUBE tweaked their popular Efficient Comfort Geometry to ensure that the ride position is ergonomically optimised for long rides and efficient pedalling, but with lively handling that will inspire you to go further. Smooth welds add to the modern appearance and CUBE have even routed cables internally for clean looks and reduced maintenance. Have they thought of everything? CUBE reckon so... so that you can concentrate on riding.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry - With CUBE´s specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way with the CUBE travel series geometry.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an e-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new e-bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed downtube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labeling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.